Sunday, March 11, 2012

doing my bit for charity

I am in the midst of preparing for my next 42K race at the BMO Vancouver Marathon on May 6th, and would love to again dedicate each and every step to Mama Africa and her children as I did at the NYC Marathon in November.

Why? Because there is nothing sweeter than crossing the finishing line knowing that it was all in the name of charity  :)

If you're like me and have always wanted to do something to heal the world, then this is the perfect chance. You see, EVERY PENNY collected will go towards Shoe4Africa's star effort at the moment:

BUILDING THE VERY FIRST PUBLIC CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL IN ELDORET, KENYA.


Please kindly visit my personal Shoe4Africa fundraising page for more info. I hope you will help me help the children of Africa  ;)

Team Shoe4Africa at our NYC 2011 pasta party  :)
L-R: Toby Tanser (CEO & Founder of Shoe4Africa),
Sally Kipyego (World Championships 10,000m Silver medallist
from Summer 2011 and holder of various running titles),
Anthony Edwards (Dr Mark Greene of 'ER' fame), and yours truly!

No comments: