Thursday, May 25, 2006

woot woot!


Taylor Hicks aka The Dude With The White Hair aka Soul Patrol, has been crowned the new American Idol. Gotta say, I’m quite pleased that he beat Ms Katharine McPhee for the title.

Yay to pure, quirky talent. Nay to stereotypical Miss America types.

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against the McPheever. In fact, she was the only girl that I fancied this season. (Okay, that’s a lie. I kinda also liked the young blacks chicas. No one can deny that they’ve got the voices, but hey, boring already lah their style!).

But my problem with Katharine is that she’s too pretty, too perfect to win. Yes, she’s the one with the “package,” but she’s too yawn-inducingly typical, yo.

But anywho, I’m elated that my favourite three were the final three. Just slightly disappointed that MY American Idol got booted last week. Yes, ladies and gents, Elliot Yamin was the one who did it the most for me.

Elliot's voice (oh that big, soulful voice—even more so than the Soul Patrol himself!) is nothing less than pure gold. Every time I hear him sing, I go tingly all over as my chest fills up with emotions. And when he serenades those jiwang numbers, my eyes would actually well up and I just melt away. I kid you not. That’s just about how powerful my darling Elliot is. As Paula said it to this funky white boy: "You pierce through the heart."

All this, and Elliot’s 90 percent deaf in his right ear. If you don’t call him amazing, I don’t know what is.

Wish Mr Yamin was the victor. Because, while Taylor entertains me, Elliot inspires me. Isn't that what an idol is supposed to do?

But oh well, as I’ve said before, with him out, Taylor’s definitely the next-best.

To me, anyways :)

No comments: